Plays by Title
Browse through our ever growing list of plays. Students will find study guides, plot summaries, character information, and essay tips. Instructors can utilize the educational resources, biographical articles, and production advice from directors / drama teachers.
- "Ah, Wilderness!" by Eugene O'Neill
- "All My Sons" by Arthur Miller
- "Crimes of the Heart" by Beth Henley
- "Antigone" by Sophocles
- "The Crucible" by Arthur Miller
- "Death of a Salesman" by Arthur Miller
- "A Doll's House" by Henrik Ibsen
- "Ghosts" by Henrik Ibsen
- "The Glass Menagerie" by Tennessee Williams
- "The Good Doctor" by Neil Simon
- "The Good Times Are Killing Me" by Lynda Barry
- "High Dive" by Leslie Ayvazian
- "I and You" by Lauren Gunderson
- "The Importance of Being Earnest" by Oscar Wilde
- "The Laramie Project" by Moisés Kaufman
- "Man and Superman" by George Bernard Shaw
- "More from Story Theatre" by Paul Sills
- "Oedipus the King" by Sophocles
- "Oleanna" by David Mamet
- "Our Town" by Thorton Wilder
- "Peter Pan" by J. M. Barrie
- "The Piano Lesson" by August Wilson
- "A Raisin in the Sun" by Lorraine Hansberry
- "The Seagull" by Anton Chekhov
- "The Shadow Box" by Michael Cristofer
- "Story Theatre" by Paul Sills
- "Twelve Angry Men" by Reginald Rose
- "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" by Edward Albee
- "You Can't Take It With You" by George S. Kaufman and Moss Hart
One Act Plays for School Groups
Information on plays that work well with young actors
Who needs tragedy when you can have tap dancing? Discover the whimsy and wonder of American and British musicals.
- "Ruthless! The Musical"
- Best Musicals of the Decade
- Rodgers and Hammerstein
- "The Phantom of the Opera"
- Stephen Sondheim Musicals
Scenes for Acting Practice
Sources of scenes from new plays and familiar plays for classroom use by student actors.
Study Guides - Themes, Characters, and Plot Summaries
A deeper analysis of the masterpieces of drama. Each study guide provides a unique insight into the play, giving students an edge and actors a fresh perspective.
- "The Crucible"
- "Death of a Salesman"
- "A Doll's House"
- "The Importance of Being Earnest"
- "Man and Superman"
Discover the struggles and triumphs of playwrights throughout the ages.
- Albee, Edward
- Barrie, Peter
- Brecht, Berthold
- Chekhov, Anton
- Christie, Agatha
- Hellman, Lillian