Plays and their Authors
By Wade Bradford, About.com Guide
Plays by Title
Browse through our ever growing list of plays. Students will find study guides, plot summaries, character information, and essay tips. Instructors can utilize the educational resources, biographical articles, and production advice from directors / drama teachers.
- "All My Sons" by Arthur Miller
- "Antigone" by Sophocles
- "The Crucible" by Arthur Miller
- "Death of a Salesman" by Arthur Miller
- "A Doll's House" by Henrik Ibsen
- "Ghosts" by Henrik Ibsen
- "The Glass Menagerie" by Tennessee Williams
- "The Importance of Being Earnest" by Oscar Wilde
- "The Laramie Project" by Moisés Kaufman
- "Man and Superman" by George Bernard Shaw
- "Oedipus the King" by Sophocles
- "Oleanna" by David Mamet
- "Our Town" by Thorton Wilder
- "Peter Pan" by J. M. Barrie
- "The Piano Lesson" by August Wilson
- "A Raisin in the Sun" by Lorraine Hansberry
- "The Seagull" by Anton Chekhov
- "Twelve Angry Men" by Reginald Rose
- "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" by Edward Albee
- "You Can't Take It With You" by George S. Kaufman and Moss Hart
Who needs tragedy when you can have tap dancing? Discover the whimsy and wonder of American and British musicals.
- Best Musicals of the Decade
- Rogers and Hammerstein
- "The Phantom of the Opera"
- Stephen Sondheim Musicals
Study Guides - Themes, Characters, and Plot Summaries
A deeper analysis of the masterpieces of drama. Each study guide provides a unique insight into the play, giving students an edge and actors a fresh perspective.
- "The Crucible"
- "Death of a Salesman"
- "A Doll's House"
- "The Importance of Being Earnest"
- "Man and Superman"
Discover the struggles and triumphs of playwrights throughout the ages.
- Albee, Edward
- Barrie, Peter
- Brecht, Berthold
- Chekhov, Anton
- Christie, Agatha
- Hellman, Lillian